Samba Daemon dying

Ho'ala Greevy hoala at secretbonus.com
Wed Jul 25 17:06:27 PDT 2001

ah, it's more for the users who are used to checking mail from outlook and
what not.

reiserfs sounds interesting, haven't had time to muck with it yet.

re: scalability, if 5 clients called tomorrow and requested their own OBS,
there is currently no quick-n-dirty methodology (script or what have you)
in place that could punch those out.

there is a company called esmith.com that offers a very similar product,
but they designed it so that users w/ very little linux experience could
get it up and running.  The OBS on the other hand, would be aimed more
towards the professional integrator.  not any ol' joe schmoe could operate
it, you would still need the integrator to manage/maintain it, which
ideally would lead to the dependable service contract.

open to suggestions,
-hg