Samba Daemon dying

Ho'ala Greevy hoala at secretbonus.com
Wed Jul 25 16:30:09 PDT 2001

yes, a basic intall of qmail with a few added bonuses to run on top of it.
was planning to use courier-imap and qmail-pop3d on the internal network
only and offer webmail as the only means of remote access.  i'm open to
suggestions though.

haven't considered reiserfs yet.

a scalable replication system is an issue for the open business server
right now.  i'm in the midsts of composing a perl script that'll do the
dirty work, but like Larry Wall likes to say, "there's more than one way
to do it."  so i'm open to suggestions.  which brings me to
the realization that if the OBS is going to truly evolutionize the way
people in Hawai'i exchange information, the project itself needs to go the
open source route as well (config files, shortcuts, custom utilities,
etc).  Hmmm... an open source systems integration project, sounds fun eh?

who said we had to follow?

-hg