Upgrade a Distro

Jesse Manibusan jessmani at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 11 11:17:20 PDT 2001

I have a related question:

When installing a new dist., how do you know what packages are required for
the applications you want to install?  For example, if you wanted to have
PERL, SSH and say sendmail running on your server, how do you know which
packages to install and which to ignore?  Is there some kind of list that
shows what each application needs to run properly?

Also, does anyone have any recommendation on where to get cheap distribution
CD's of BSD and Linux?  I checked linuxmall but the website has some kind of
error database error on it and I don't know any other trustworthy vendors
out there.