SUN IDPROMS

Jason Smallwood devil505 at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Jul 7 19:15:58 PDT 2001

I recently purchased a Sun Sparc 2 and a Sun IPX.  The I belive the IPX has Red Hat installed, however I cannot get it to boot all the way up, it gets to a point saying BOOTING LINUX, and hangs.  The Sparc 2 starts to boot, then give me an error about IDPROMS, does anyone have extensive exerpience with Sun's that would be willing to help me out?  On the IPX I have 16 megs of RAM and on the Sparc 2 I have 64 megs.  I belive the HDs on both are about 1 to 2 gigs.

Thanks Jason