rpm's

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Mon Jul 16 02:18:56 PDT 2001

That usually means that the RPM file is damaged.  Is this on a CD?  Maybe
the CD is damaged.

Not all brands of Linux use linuxconf or have it available in packages.  I
myself am totally unfamiliar with YDL.  Sorry.  You may be more familiar
with the system if you tried Mandrake 8.0 for PowerPC.  Scroll down on this
page to find download sites.

http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/ftp.php3

rpm -qpi package-VERSION.rpm
will get information from a package that is not yet installed
also try -qpl to list the files within the package.