Unable to open an initial device consul

Christophe L. Banal banal at phys.hawaii.edu
Tue Jan 30 13:58:43 PST 2001

I have a friend who can not reboot his linux file server after trying to
print a document through the network. Unfortunatly I am not on the island
and can not help him. He is running some flavor of RedHat and the error
message he gets when he boots his machine is "Unable to open an initial
device consul".

If anyone could help him it would be really great. His internet connection
is down because it was shared through the server that does not boot. His
name is Andy Cooley and can be reached at 808-847-2695 ext 12...

Thank you,
Chris