taking the plunge!

Michael Miranda michaeljamiranda at juno.com
Sun Jan 28 22:45:06 PST 2001

So I decided to dedicate my laptop to linux.  I need help with two things:

1.  I can't seem to get the right screen resolution.  I have installed RH7
and chose 800x600 16bpp  However the screen resolution is a blocky 640x480.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I'm using a Compaq Presario 1240,
64mb ram, 4.2 gig hard drive, NeoMagic 128 video card with 8 megs.

2.  I installed the workstation package for RH7.  However, I would like to
run the windows version of Juno so that I can download my email to my local
machine rather than maintaining it on Juno's server.  I'll start looking
into wine but any guidance would be great.

Mike

BTW I'm emailing via the Juno webmail interface.  However, I will use the
Thread Board more as I see more people signing up and forums are created.