What about first....

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sun Jan 28 00:34:57 PST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael JA Miranda" <michaeljamiranda at juno.com>
To: "Linux & Unix Advocates & Users" <luau at luau.hi.net>
Sent: Saturday, January 27, 2001 9:28 AM
Subject: [luau] What about first....

> What about first concentrating on creating a robust online LUAU group
> with web bulletin board, code posts, etc.  Just one repository for

Web bulletin board.  I was thinking the same thing.
Have any of you participated in one of those large web bulletin boards
running something Infopop OpenTopic?  Check this out.
http://arstechnica.infopop.net/OpenTopic/page?a=cfrm&s=50009562

I've ran large sites with hundreds of visitors using software like this.
These are IMHO more convenient than mailing lists and could give a more
community feeling to the group.  Would anyone object to using a system like
this instead of the mailing list?  There is plenty of software in both perl
and PHP that has this functionality, except they are free and open source.