burn-it-yerself Linux

kevin linuxjr at shaka.com
Thu Jan 25 17:51:46 PST 2001

hmm...depends, sometimes roadrunner is slow.  I use a program called
download accelerator.  it splits the file into 7 pieces and it downloads the
seven pieces at the sametime.  at the end of the download it puts the 7
pieces back together, that takes a couple of minutes if it's 650mb file.  a
redhat iso file will take about 45-60 minutes if you use download
accelerator and maybe 120 minutes without it.  sometimes 35 minutes if the
ftp is really fast.  who knows, sometimes fast sometime not.

Kevin