PC card modem

Jim Roby jroby at aloha.net
Thu Jan 25 12:41:33 PST 2001

I'm using a Robotics 33.6 for three years now,it shows up on com3
and Linux smiles.It cost me $135...lucky your in the new millinium.
(actually it only runs Red Hat,if that should matter)

On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Chris Wong wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Daemon Knyte wrote:
>
> > QUESTION: Is there any internal PCI modem that I can get that works
> > well under linux (I'm a newbie.. flame me later)? If so, which one(s).
> > As soon as I get my modem for it, and get everything to work, I'm
> > actually thinking of going 75% linux (or bsd...whichever is fun-er)
> > and have my entertainment box running win98 (for unreal, quake III,
> > Alice, Thief II...).
>
> I believe there is a USR PCI Modem that specifically advertises it runs
> under Linux. I was going to get it but it costs around $90.
>
> That is the only PCI modem I've seen that wasn't a WinModem.
>

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to luau as: jroby at ALOHA.NET

   "Destiny has two ways of crushing us -- by refusing our wishes and by
                   fulfilling them"            -- Henri Amiel