The HTML editor battles

Jeff Mings jeffm at lava.net
Wed Jan 24 17:03:10 PST 2001

I didn't mean to sound so confrontational ;P .  However, as someone who
often prefers command line to pretty windows, (e.g., I prefer ncftp to
the many KDE/Gnome FTP apps), I have run into many who have simply never
tried using X/KDE/Gnome solutions because they've been using the old
command line apps so long, and have invested tremendous time in scaling
the learning curves involved.  I used to use text editors for HTML, but
when I began working on a massive PHP/MySQL intensive site, the
headaches of working with several files at once prompted me to find a
better way, which is something like Quanta.  Bluefish is almost as good,
but has no uber-cool on-line HTML reference.

-Jeff