How to make a Linux web server???

Jay jay at musubi.org
Wed Jan 3 13:54:09 PST 2001

On 3 Jan 2001, Dusty wrote:

> you can also look at redhat's site for more information. try
> http://www.redhat.com/support/docs/apache.html
>
> Since it sounds like you are not to sure about what you are doing, you
> might want to check out OpenBSD since it is more secure out of the box
> than RedHat and unless you secure your redhat web server it will most
> likely be hacked.  They are both easy to set up and get httpd running
> on.
>
> Dusty

also, it's really easy to get SSL working w/ apache on the default OpenBSD
install.  just create your certs/keys/whatever and then edit rc.conf.
it's like magic... except you sort of know how it works.
so i guess it's like cooking then.

OpenBSD.  mmm... good.

=jay

------
"I did nothing, absolutely nothing.  And
 it was everything I thought it could be."