Fight UCITA

Michael JA Miranda michaeljamiranda at juno.com
Mon Feb 26 10:20:01 PST 2001

I am a member of the Intellectual Property section of the Hawaii State
Bar Association.  I worked with the subcommittee analyzing UCITA.  I
don't believe it is currently moving in the legislature this session.  In
the previous session, UCITA did reach a committee but was immediately
deferred.  A lot of opposing testimony was received.  I'll see if there
is a version floating around this session.  I currently work for the
State Senate as a research attorney.  I haven't checked the House yet but
they may have a version floating around.  If so, this organization(s) may
want to develop formal testimony if it ever comes up for hearing.  I can
help with that as well.

Mike