Help Again with LinkSys LNE100TX

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Wed Feb 14 20:09:59 PST 2001

Yes, Chris is correct.  The network card should work fine with the updated
tulip module alone.

The Redhat kernel has lots of bloat and extra stuff compiled in.  On most
machines I can *feel* a performance difference between the stock Redhat
kernel and a custom tailored kernel.  To me its worth it.

Your choice if its worth the extra effort.  It'll work fine with or without
it.

Ooooo.  Try this
http://www.redhat.com/support/errata/RHSA-2001-013.html

Redhat updated kernel packages.  Try this.  It may work fine with your
network card.  No compiling required.  Just install.