telnet

Nelson Garcia garcian002 at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Feb 13 17:47:46 PST 2001

Can you telnet to localhost?
Can you telnet out? If you don't have a site that will let you test your
telnet connection, you can test by telnetting to the Hawaii State Library
system's public telnet server (telnet://fyi.icsd.hawaii.gov/).

Are you trying to telnet as a regular user or a privileged user (i.e. root)?
Are you even getting to the userid prompt?

Is your system chroot'ed?  I think that could cause telnetd to not know
where certain files are.

Good luck,
Nelson