make user equivalent to root

Nelson Garcia garcian002 at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Feb 8 17:37:42 PST 2001

I have never tried doing that and might do it with a Linux appliance where
we are using Webmin (for lack of a better way not to give out the root
password).
Like you, I'd like to know the drawbacks (not that using webmin is not a
drawback).  Does that allow a user to 'su' to another user without getting a
password prompt?  (ala root).

Nelson