make user equivalent to root

Mike Ballon calzonie at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Feb 6 20:35:53 PST 2001

That's what I'm going to do for now, no root logons.  I can play with that
and see how it goes.

I've read up on sudo and it seems like I could do most of that myself given
the time, I was just looking to see if there was a quick and dirty way to
give everyone root level access while using traceable logons names.

At least with disabling root logons and making the user 'su' I have a log of
who was on at the time.

Thanks for your time, I'll post my findings but it will be a few days I'm
sure.