Digital cams & Linux

joel jijoel at lava.net
Thu Dec 27 13:55:36 PST 2001

drat... I was hoping it would just magically work... ;-)

The unknown device error message indicates that either a driver isn't
available, or that we're trying to access it at the wrong place. Either way,
we'll need to get a little bit of additional information to make it work.

Could you please post your version information, the device information when
the camera is plugged in and turned on, and your list of loaded modules?
(more information than that may be needed later, but this should be a good
start...)

cat /proc/version /proc/bus/usb/devices > systeminfo
/sbin/lsmod >> systeminfo

... then post the contents of systeminfo.

--Joel

btw, sorry for being unresponsive for a bit there, I was soaking up the
Christmas cheer! ;-)