Kicking users?

R. Scott Belford scott at belford.net
Mon Dec 24 15:21:26 PST 2001

I don't know if it is better, but we would use skill -SIGHUP -u (username)
to kill of users who would forget to log out of their pos station.  I
suppose it kills all processes the user is running rather than killing each
individually with the kill -9 pid.  There must be a system setting to log an
idle user off automatically that the wiser amongst us know about.  In the
meantime, maybe this helps a little.

scott