Digital cams & Linux

Rodney K pepe65 at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Dec 22 18:21:35 PST 2001

> btw, My own camera uses CompactFlash cards (instead of MemorySticks). I have
> a CF adapter that plugs into a USB slot, so to get my pictures, I eject the
> card from the camera, plug it into the adapter, *mount* it (/dev/sda1) to my
> filesystem (/mnt/pix ;-), and copy the pictures to wherever I want them.
> Downloading pictures this way is really fast and easy, if it'll work with
> your system.

exactly how did you do this, i'd like to try it, but have no clue as to
how to do it. I think i may be possible because when the camera is
hooked up in windows, the memeory stick (in the camera) is seen as a
removeable disk, you think it could work similarly in linux if i were to
*mount* it?

Rodney

--
Nobody can be exactly like me. Sometimes even I have trouble doing it.
- Tallulah Bankhead