I have to run one windows program for my job. Any vote for best

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sat Dec 22 01:11:24 PST 2001

> I have to run one windows program for my job. Any vote for best windows
> emulator?  It is an Access database like program and I hope I can run
> it in linux,  All opinions welcome.  Jeff Zidek

Try the free options first, you may get lucky, although it may be that
WIN4Lin or VMWARE may be the only workable options.

CodeWeavers released Preview 5 of their Wine distribution a few days ago.
Might want to check that out.
http://www.codeweavers.com/home/

You can also try Transgaming's WineX branch of Wine.  Although most of
their coding is gaming specific, they had to implement some other Windows
features that are lacking in Codeweavers Wine.  As a result far more
programs install properly on the latest WineX "out of the box" than the
main Wine branch.  Unfortunately you cannot download a binary RPM without
paying them $5 for a subscription.  (I highly encourage everyone to help
their efforts in getting multimedia and DirectX stuff working in Linux.)
You can however download their CVS source code and compile it yourself, but
that takes a bit more work.
http://www.transgaming.com