VOIP with linux

Derek Podoll derek at sam-tek.org
Thu Dec 13 18:34:10 PST 2001

Yes with the quicknet card your sound qualty.  Because the cards made for
VOIP run in full duplex unlike most sound card in linux with the free
drivers.  Plus you are not using the mic and speaker connected to your PC
you us a normal telephone that plugs in to a port on the back of the card.
Aslo why take a high powered computer to run VOIP in when all you need is a
486 with 32MB RAM.
P.S.
I found what my problem with the sound was when I started the ohphone
progam I did not tell it to us the quicknet card and it was trying to find
a sound card in the box to us.  I have tested it and it works great under
linux.