Mandrake 8.1 apache question

Todd Lee todd at LANtech-HI.com
Sun Dec 9 15:57:56 PST 2001

I'm pretty new to Linux so this might seem a bit idiotic, just couldn't find
any documentation that I could understand on this.

I just reinstalled my Mandrake 8.1 box, but this time I picked the most
secure setting during the install phase.  Didn't pick it the first time
because of the little disclaimer of making it harder to configure.  Well I
now know why, it took some time but I got most of the services that I wanted
to run running, but I still get an error when I run the httpd start or
restart command.

[warn] NameVirtualHost 192.168.1.100:80 has no virtual hosts defined

There is a new addition in the apache conf that I never saw before something
about _default_:443 under virtual hosts.  I found out that this is a setting
that runs when you have  SSL with Apache.  But I was wondering if the
warning was something that I should take heed to, or is it just a default
thing that I can ignore?  Apache still seems to run regardless of the error.

Thanks,
Todd