PPP help

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Sun Dec 2 20:41:14 PST 2001

Well, I'm looking at the Universal TUN/TAP driver now, but PPP over
somethign is still an option.  I don't need any encryption, (in fact I'd
rather not add the overhead of it, my peer is only 128kbit), and there's
also some problems associated with runnning TCP over TCP (retry
algorithms don't like it). See
http://sites.inka.de/sites/bigred/devel/tcp-tcp.html for info on that
one; this is why I was looking at UDP.  All the docs I can find seem to
be outdated (I saw one referring to kernel 1.2), or specifically running
ppp over SSH (which I don't want to do for the reasons above)...the
Universal TUN/TAP looks promising right now, but ppp is still certainly
an option.

--MonMotha