I like Microsoft (was: Salon: The Microsoft Resistance)

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sun Dec 2 02:41:08 PST 2001

On Sat, 2001-12-01 at 21:45, Charles Zachary Lockhart wrote:
> I happen to like Microsoft just the way they are.  I don't have to teach my
> dad Linux, and they give me plenty to bitch and moan about.
>
> Probably that's overshare, sorry.
>
> Charles
>
> -without villains, we could have no heros.

My take on this:

Microsoft Desktop Products
--------------------------
 Not necessarily bad.  Yes, incredibly insecure, but they work.  I
switched to a 100% Linux desktop a few weeks ago, and despite my best
customization efforts my old Windows desktop was just better.  I'm
afraid I will have to live in a mixed Linux and Windows desktop with two
computers for now.

Thankfully the Linux desktop situation has improved greatly and
continues to improve at a quick pace.  KDE 3 comes in only a few months,
along with StarOffice 6 final.

Microsoft Server Products
Server stuff should be secure.  Microsoft products are simply far less
secure than the competitors.  Microsoft server products are horrible.

Microsoft the Company