Linux: Final Meeting before ITEC - September 11th

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Fri Aug 31 22:22:19 PDT 2001

Attention Hawaii Linux, Unix and Open Source Community:

Final Meeting before ITEC
Tuesday, September 11th, 2001 at 6-7:30pm
Mid-Pacific Institute, Chew Technology Lab
Next door to UH Manoa. Drive up University Ave. and turn right into Kaala
St.
http://www.midpac.edu/cmap.gif - marked "Technology Lab / 2000" near the
Main Entrance

Please RSVP me at warren at togami.com with subject "ITEC 2001 MIDPAC" if you
plan on attending this meeting.

I now have approval for a final meeting to confirm that we have our booth
demonstration and resources together for ITEC the following week.  At this
meeting we should bring and setup all resources, and booth demonstrations to
confirm that it work and things will go smoothly.  We will determine what
needs to be fixed and readied for ITEC.  Free tickets will also be
distributed at this meeting for those who need them.

We also need more volunteers to be at the booth at various times, in order
to answer general Linux questions.  We have a need for one volunteer in the
Thursday morning shift that would be able to explain the Samba PDC
demonstration.  Extra booth volunteers would be useful, as they can stand
outside of the booth and answer the more of the many questions that we will
undoubtedly have while passing out handouts.

All booth demonstrators, please arrive earlier between 5 and 5:30pm if
possible in order to setup hardware before the meeting starts.

------------
We need to identify firm commitments of the following resources before this
September 11th meeting date.  Please e-mail me and the list in confirmation.

Furniture and Hardware
Patrick Smith - 3 folding tables and chairs (How many chairs?)
Warren Togami - computer equipment (I need help in transportation)
Ho'ala Greevy - table drapes
Who will bring the Samba PDC server?
What about Windows clients?  How many?  What operating system?
Joel Hatch - guest list book and name tags?

Booth Presentation Preparation & Handouts
Warren Togami - Linux Terminal Server & Thin Clients (No problem)
Ho'ala Greevy - Samba PDC (Whose hardware will this run on?  Need help with
handout writing?)
Someone needs to run the Live Install portion during some of the shifts.  We
will be too busy explaining the other demos.
Deven what shifts will you be there?  I will be there at all shifts.

Transportation
Buzz Caraang - truck to transport Patrick's furniture
I need help in transporting my hardware safely from Mid-Pacific to the
Convention Center
Ho'ala, will you need any help in transportation?

Setup and Break-down Crew
We need commitments for the setup and break-down crew.  Setup will be
Tuesday (what time?), break-down will be immediately after the final shift
on Thursday.
Buzz will you be able to transport again on Thursday night?
I will need transport help back to Mid-Pacific.
Ho'ala do you need help?

Please RSVP me at warren at togami.com with subject "ITEC 2001 MIDPAC" if you
plan on attending this meeting.

Warren Togami
warren at togami.com
Mid-Pacific Linux User's Group
http://www.mplug.org
Advocates of Linux and Open-source, Hawaii Association
http://www.linuxhi.org/
University of Hawaii ICS Club
http://www2.ics.hawaii.edu/~icsclub/