Help with mail!!!!

Nelson Garcia garcian002 at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Aug 24 02:39:20 PDT 2001

Dusty, I don't think your problem is with DNS but it might be your SMTP
server configuration. You probably want to set it up to receive mail for the
whole domain.  In postfix there is a "mydestination" parameter that you can
set.  I have no idea what the sendmail equivalent is.  The following quote
from the Webmin help on the subject might explain:

<begin quote>
mydestination
--------------------
You specify what domains this machine will deliver locally, instead of
forwarding to another machine. The default is to receive mail for the
machine itself.
Local machine: $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain
Whole Domain: $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, $mydomain
You can also specify the full path of a file, which will contain the names
of domains that this machine will deliver mail locally for.
Example: /etc/postfix/mydestination
<end quote>

I hope that helps,
Nelson