IP Virtual Server

Rodney Kanno pepe65 at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Aug 22 12:41:07 PDT 2001

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what is an IP Virtual Server and how I can install this
if possible?
Here's my situation, I did a clean install of Linux Mandrake 8.0 and set up
IP aliasing. I have two network cards, eth0 & eth1. I entered in all the
addresses and ran the internet connection sharing wizard to get my seystem
setup for IP aliasing. However, upon booting, I get an error message saying
that the system cannot flush /proc/net/ip_masq/vs file and that it cannot
start my IP Virtual Server, and to check if my kernel supports it. The thing
is, previously I had Mandrake 8.0 installed with IP aliasing and I never had
this problem. Help.

Thanks,
Rodney