Hello, World! ;-)

joel jijoel at lava.net
Mon Aug 20 20:17:18 PDT 2001

Hello, everybody!

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Joel Hatch. I'm pretty new to the
islands (and having a wonderful time here). I found the mailing list a few
weeks ago, and have been lurking with a web-based e-mail account since then.
Today, Verison set up my DSL connection. Wahoo! I can now participate in
discussions and such (with threaded messages, filters, and all of the other
wonderful things that real mail readers can do).

I was very pleased to find this mailing list; it looks like this is the heart
of the local Linux community. From the posts I've seen, it looks like there
is a small, but dedicated, group here. It's a pleasure to meet you!

--Joel