Strange kernel message...

epsas at inflicted.net epsas at inflicted.net
Fri Aug 17 17:40:52 PDT 2001

Warren,

I asked on OPN about this:

<epsas> Does anybody know what this dmesg line means?    TCP: Treason
          uncloaked! Peer 148.71.43.110:1556/80 shrinks window
          3043994737:3043995106. Repaired.
<sarnold> epsas, tcp/ip connections negotiate a window size, and this
          particular connection had its window size modified after connection
          setup, which is against the specifications...
<sarnold> I have heard that one possible reason is a web client that only
          wants the first X bytes of a document, where X is small...
<sarnold> there was a thread on one of the securityfocus.com mail lists in the
          last week or two about this, but it didn't contain much more
          information than I just gave you, sadly. :(
<jcopenha> I wonder what "Treason uncloaked!" has to do with it though
<sarnold> easy to identify in log files when debugging perhaps? :)

Dunno what it means,  looks cool though :)

Aloha,
Charles