Playing Audio CDs

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Fri Aug 17 11:11:21 PDT 2001

Does it work on Windows on the same machine?  This sounds like a common
problem where a tiny four prong analog cable is not connected between the
CD-ROM and the sound device.  Take a look at the back of the CD-ROM.  The
analog cable should be plugged in left of the IDE or SCSI ribbon cable, and
it should go to a header somewhere on the sound card or integrated
motherboard labelled "CD-IN".  Then check mixer settings to be sure the
volume levels and mute are set properly.