Notebook PC

W. Wayne Liauh LiauhW001 at Hawaii.rr.com
Thu Aug 16 00:05:11 PDT 2001

Yesterday I bought an Athlon-4 900 MHz notebook, 256 MB RAM, 15" TFT, DVD,
build-in modem/ethernet/sound,  at Sam's for $1,609.  What a powerful system.
Athlon-4 is about 20% better than a regular Athlon at the same clock speed,
thus, it is no surprise that this notebook was actually faster than my 1 GHz
Athlon desktop.

If you move to 1 GHz, the price jumps by more than $400 (though still
substantially cheaper than an equivalent Intel system).  There is also a $100
rebate coupon, thus, the final price comes down to $1,509.  I tested the
battery today, and under WinME, a full charge lasted about 200 minutes.

If you are in the market for a notebook, this one is definitely very highly
recommended--there are only two left.  If, OTOH, you can wait until next
year, then you probably should wait until the nForce chipset comes out.  It
is going to be a killer.  (Me salivating.)