Suggestions to Deven about meeting

Deven Phillips dphillips at viata.com
Wed Aug 15 03:07:43 PDT 2001

All,

	Sorry, but I can't change the arrangements now. Also, if we move it
another week back, I will be unable to organize the event. At least if
we have it on the 22nd, I can get everything together. Warren, you know
what needs to be done as far as getting people organized for the ITEC
conference. Please start discussing what demonstrations will be
presented at the booth. Also, Dusty and Sandi, it would be very helpful
if you could help Warren build a roster of people who are willing and
able to man the booth on the 19th and 20th. I have contacts that are
interested in loaning us hardware for the event, so if hardware is an
issue for a demo you would like to do, let me know. I will have e-mail
and Internet access from the show and from my hotel, so I will post
regularly to check up on the status.

	PLEASE!!!!, it is very important that we start organizing. If we put
this meeting off, we will be ill prepared from the event in September.
Public shows like this are the best places to advocate Open-Source.

Also, so that the meeting is not a waste, here are my contributions for
the event:

	Materials from RedHat, MandrakeSoft, GreatBridge, and LinuxCare(I
think).
	The "Open-Source Community" Banner
	Hardware
		PIII 750, 384MB RAM, FireWire, SB Live 128, 20GB HDD x 2, DVD-ROM,
PlexWriter 8x, 100 Blank CDs
		Athlon 1.2GHz, 512MB RAM, 20GB HDD, FireWire (Non-DV)
		17" Sony Trinitron Monitor
		19" Mag Monitor
		Toshiba Satellite Laptop, 128MB RAM, FireWire, USB, DVD-ROM, 20GB HDD

Just so everyone knows, all of the hardware on all of these machines is
fully functional under Linux (including the DVD and FireWire). All of
the software is configured (or will be in the case of the Athlon).

Thank you all for your help, and I appreciate you all picking up the
slack while I an out-of-town.

Deven Phillips, CISSP
Network Architect
Viata Online, Inc.

Warren Togami wrote:

> So do we all agree?  The meeting is officially moved to next week, August
> 29th?
>
> Please let me know what you guys decide soon so I can make announcements.

Sorry if the spelling sucks, but my laptop battery is runn....