Fonts

Jeff Mings jeffm at lava.net
Wed Aug 15 12:24:58 PDT 2001

Hi Rodney,

    I have had a slightly different experience with TrueType fonts with
RH 7.1 .  I do a lot of graphic work, and have found a lot of useful
free TT fonts.  I installed them with the ridiculously simple ttmkfdir
program.  It's command line based and works with your existing xfs
installation.  I believe I snagged it from rpmfind.net.  I found that
the new fonts I add are available in Killustrator and Gimp, but not in
Sketch or StarOffice.  I believe the latter two only want to see
Postscript fonts.