Last Call: AMD Systems for $575

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Thu Aug 9 19:35:19 PDT 2001

I need cash or check before Monday in order to make your orders.  It is not too late to join if you still want to make an order.  E-mail me and we'll figure out how I can meet you before Monday to receive payment.

I forgot to mention this warning before, but DO NOT BUY THIS SYSTEM FOR 3D GRAPHICS OR GAMING!  The integrated video uses 8MB of system RAM rather than its own VRAM, making this motherboard HORRIBLE for 3D graphics unless you use the AGP 4x slot with a decent video board.  I presume we will primarily use these computers for Linux workstations and mini-servers where 3D performance is not needed.  You have been warned.

Let me know if you want to order only certain parts and not the complete system.

      Part Model Vendor Price
      Case Acer 300W ATX Memco $89
      CPU 1.2GHz Athlon Memco $105
      Motherboard Asus A7VI-VM Memco $105
      RAM 256MB PC133 2-2-2 ECC Crucial $45.00
      Hard Drive 20GB Maxtor 7200rpm Memco $99.99
      CD-ROM Sony 52x Memco $45
      Floppy TEAC Memco $20
      HSF GlobalWin WBK68 Memco $30
      2nd Case Fan Acer Memco $9
      Thermal Arctic Silver (Shared) Byteware $2

      SubTotal $550
      Tax $22.91

      Total $573 + 2

We will receive parts sometime Tuesday or Wednesday.  Let me know if you want to pick up the parts not assembled, or if you can help in assembly.

Warren