1GHz Athlon Systems for $500

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Mon Aug 6 04:07:12 PDT 2001

I will soon be buying parts in bulk for building many extremely low cost AMD
Athlon systems.  All of this hardware works great with Linux, and I can
bring the cost per unit down further if I can buy more quantity.  Anyone
want one?

1GHz Athlon Thunderbird
256MB PC133 2-2-2 Crucial RAM
Asus A7VI-VM Motherboard
w/ Integrated Video
w/ Integrated RealTek 8139 10/100 ethernet
w/ Integrated AC97 audio
w/ empty AGP slot & 3 empty PCI slots
52x CD-ROM
20GB 7200rpm ATA100 IBM Hard Drive
Enlight 300W ATX case

Estimated Price: ~$500

This machine can probably be safely overclocked to 1.1-1.2GHz.  Tell me if
you want ECC RAM instead of non-ECC, it is roughly the same price.  I'm
getting price quotes from vendors now, so I'll have an exact price sometime
soon.

Warren