system check message question

Jeffrey Wong jmwong at math.ed.hawaii.edu
Mon Apr 30 23:18:38 PDT 2001

There have been alot of reports of people seeing the exact same thing over
the last two weeks.  I havn't really heard much about it besides that its
been seen though.  It seems to (so far) be just a passive scan with no
accompaning attacks, although I'd assume that if you do have Back Orifice
installed . . .  1.2.3.4 is just one of the more commonly spoofed IP's.
In fact its used as an example IP in alot of different places.  I guess
these new script kiddies either have no imagination, or no idea that they
can change it ;)

Jeff Wong