rr setup problems

Jim Roby jroby at aloha.net
Sun Apr 29 20:44:48 PDT 2001

The option is best set to "No",this then forces the BIOS to search for
installed devices,rather than read it from a static database which might
not have been updated for a newly installed peice of hardware.Winblows
doesn't care either way.I suspose setting to "yes" might make for a slightly
faster boot.

On Sun, 29 Apr 2001, Cyberclops wrote:

> I know my bios has a setting for PnP OS.  It's a "yes" or "no" option.
>
> Ray Strode wrote:
> >
> > > I have never seen this option... what is the specific option you are talking
> > > about, and what brand of BIOS is this?
> > A lot of award bioses have it.  Some give it that dumbbed down name, but most
> > say something along the lines of PnP OS.
> > --Ray
> >
> > ---
> > You are currently subscribed to luau as: Cyberclops at hawaii.rr.com
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to luau as: jroby at ALOHA.NET

   "Destiny has two ways of crushing us -- by refusing our wishes and by
                   fulfilling them"            -- Henri Amiel