Explaining OSS to Normal People?

al plant webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Sat Apr 28 20:10:11 PDT 2001

Warren Togami wrote:

> The grant writer at my workplace has less than 2 weeks to write a big grant
> that would work towards putting Linux thin clients into schools across the
> state.  Prior to our discussion this week she had never heard of Linux, and
> knows very little about computers.  She needs some basic grounding in the
> history, ethos and motivations of the Open Source movement in order to be
> able to explain the efficacy and power of Linux and Open Source Software to
> the readers of the grant.
>
> Do you folks know of web pages, articles, and/or books that explain these
> things in terms that normal people would understand?
>
> Warren Togami
> warren at togami.com
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to luau as: webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
###############

Hi Warren,

You can send her to our http://hawaiidakine.com website.
Under the Linux link there are information sheets that she
can print out that are really simple about Linux.

I also have a hard copy of a What is Linux? and What is Open
Source? I got them from Ron Willis. info at linuxnetworks.org.
If you want a hard copy give me your address and I can Send
it to you.

You may find something helpful at http://linux.umbc.edu

 Aloha! Al Plant -Webmaster http://hawaiidakine.com
Providing FAST DSL Service for $28.80/mo.  Member Small
Business Hawaii.
Running Caldera Linux 2.4 & Free BSD 4.0 UNIX
Support Open Source in Business and Computing.