Explaining OSS to Normal People?

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sat Apr 28 14:54:08 PDT 2001

The grant writer at my workplace has less than 2 weeks to write a big grant
that would work towards putting Linux thin clients into schools across the
state.  Prior to our discussion this week she had never heard of Linux, and
knows very little about computers.  She needs some basic grounding in the
history, ethos and motivations of the Open Source movement in order to be
able to explain the efficacy and power of Linux and Open Source Software to
the readers of the grant.

Do you folks know of web pages, articles, and/or books that explain these
things in terms that normal people would understand?

Warren Togami
warren at togami.com