yo Re: LUG?

Cyberclops Cyberclops at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Apr 26 09:35:50 PDT 2001

Well in a way we are on the same page except I'm oriented towards a
single computer system for family use.  I would like a very simple form
of Linux that is very easy to use.  I find that Linux can be a huge pain
in the butt, because a user can't even control his own desktop.  I would
like to spend thought on just what files need to be locked up, and
protected, and which ones don't.  I down loaded Mozilla yesterday and
wanted to delete the remnants after the installation, and found I
couldn't.  The whole install took an hour and a half, and that's far too
long for anything that could be considered easy to use.  Many times
Linux makes owning a Macintosh look fabulous.  However, I don't want to
use a Macintosh because I am very committed to the idea of both clone
hardware, and open source software.