pootershop stuffs (fwd)

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Tue Apr 24 22:09:34 PDT 2001

Have you thought about making these machines into Linux thin clients rather
than desktops?  One moderately fast computer with lots of RAM can power this
rig, allowing for much greater performance and usability on the client
machines.  Much easier to maintain in a lab setting too, because all
software and security is centralized on the server.

I'm looking for 100's of these types of machines for schools across the
state.  I plan on using these machines as thin clients in order to give
schools very low cost but effective computer labs, not a crappy P75's that
crawls when running a GNOME desktop.

How do these pootershop.org people work?  Do you think they would support me
on this?