Redhat 7.1 kgcc?

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Mon Apr 23 01:09:51 PDT 2001

Yes, compile appeared to go fine, but panic occured a few minutes after
boot.
Reverted back to 2.4.4-pre5 and has the same problem.
Compiled 2.4.4-pre6 with kgcc and it works fine.

FYI:
Redhat says that gcc 2.96-RH works with their 2.4 kernel, but maybe that's
only with their kernel patches and options.  That doesn't guarantee that
2.96-RH will work with all 2.4 kernels.  The other kernel developers still
use 2.95.2 or egcs 2.91.something.