Linux on the desktop?

Deven Phillips dns at viata.com
Wed Apr 18 05:09:20 PDT 2001

CyberClops,

	I can understand wanting the convenience, but I can also say that it
will probably never happen, I COULD be done, but I think that most Linux
users would agree that it SHOULDN'T be done. In KDE, you can open a root
shell or a root filemanager, and the KDE2.x control center allows you to
configure system wide setups, and Mandrake 8.0 has an AWESOME control
center application. These are all sufficient to do most sysadmin tasks.
Another option is using WebMin, and just using your browser to do the
administration work. WebMin works great for me.

Deven Phillips, CISSP