Redhat Linux 7.1 Review

Cyberclops Cyberclops at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Apr 17 19:30:03 PDT 2001

I think it's a very well conceived distribution.  It has all the latest
stuff too.  I had it all working at one point, but then decided to
reinstall it because I didn't have a "boot" partition.  Adding that
didn't really help the particular problem I was having.  Their support
seems really good.  I didn't pay for my copy so I'm hesitant to ask them
for too much help, but conceptually I would say Libranet is absolutely
one of the best.  They have this "Adminmenu" deal where you can easily
recompile the kernel.  It seems that a lot of set up is actually done
with a recompiled kernel.  For anyone who already has experience with
Linux Libranet is an excellent choice.  For you it would be good because
you like Corel which is Debian just like Libranet.  I would say Libranet
is actually better than Corel in the sense that they didn't quit and
made something that is standard yet reasonably user friendly.