Redhat Linux 7.1 Review

Wayne Bow admin at stfrancis-oahu.org
Tue Apr 17 12:32:56 PDT 2001

___Major Snippige______

> CONCLUSION -
> IMHO Redhat 7.1 should be very good for servers.  Very convenient with
> the free "up2date -u" access when you register (free) with the Redhat
> Network - no personal information needed.  apt-get like up2date
> behavior is VERY handy.  However, I suggest Mandrake 8.0 for normal
> desktop users.  It is much more newbie friendly, yet powerful and
> functional for experienced users.

Warren,

You're the bomb, man!  Thanks muchly for taking the time to pass
on your reviews of the Linux variants that you are trying out along
with your insights and suggestions. I, for one, find it valuable.

Aloha,

Wayne Bow
Network Administrator
St Francis School, Manoa Campus