Cisco and ARP troubles

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Thu Apr 12 12:03:39 PDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "jay" <jay at musubi.org>
To: "Linux & Unix Advocates & Users" <luau at list.luau.hi.net>
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2001 6:15 AM
Subject: [luau] Re: Cisco and ARP troubles

> it shouldn't be able to, but you might have triggered the configured
> behavior (i.e. shutdown or restrict) when you initially swapped out
> machines.  what model catalyst is it? you should check if it has port
> security as one of its features before you waste any time on this.
>
> =jay

We tried swapping a Linux machine in 2 weeks ago, but it failed probably for
the same reason.  This time I changed the MAC address on the ethernet card
before attempting to replace the PIX on that switch port... so theoretically
it shouldn't have been able to tell a difference between the two machines.
When I plugged the PIX back in, it began to route again just fine after a
swift kick to the T1 side...