Article: Security expert gets cracked, Tools to protect your servers

Ray Strode halfline at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Apr 4 19:12:46 PDT 2001

> Excellent short article about how a Unix security expert got cracked, and
> tools that he now uses on his rebuilt server to help keep his system safe in
> the future.
>
> http://www.itworld.com/Sec/2202/LWD010404vcontrol1/
Heh. I just got done reading that. ;-P
Joe Barr is no Unix security expert though.. He's just a journalist that writes
about his experiences with linux.  He goes a little overboard sometimes with
his zealously though.  I remember once not being able to read an article that
he wrote, because I was in windows using IE and his site didn't allow IE.

--Ray