MPLUG: Linux InstallFest Session

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Mon Apr 2 02:25:46 PDT 2001

Linux InstallFest
Mid-Pacific Linux User's Group
Date: Saturday, April 7th
Time: 10:00am - 2:00pm

Food: Bring your own food.
Location: Atherton YMCA, Across from University of Hawaii
Map at top of this page: http://www.mplug.org/events/installfest1.html
Run by Warren Togami <warren at togami.com> and Ronald Willis
<ronal at linuxnetworks.org>.

Please RSVP to warren at togami.com with subject "LINUX INSTALLFEST 1".
Specify if you are bringing your home machine or not, and the type of home
machine.

*********
This session is mainly for people who have attended our previous MPLUG
introductory seminars, or people who need expert help installing Linux on
their home computers.  This will probably turn into an open session with
people sitting around drinking coffee, chatting and people leaving and
coming.

At this session you can either:

1) Bring in your machine and we will help you install Linux in a dual boot
configuration with Windows (or MacOS).  We'll teach you some tips and tricks
in Linux system and software installation, configuration and administration.
This will go beyond topics covered in earlier seminars.
2) Install Linux on a YMCA computer and learn about the same topics above.

We will be able to configure your computer into a Linux firewall if you have
two network cards.

Warren Togami
warren at togami.com
MPLUG - Mid-Pacific Linux User's Group