MS SQL - > MySQL Question

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sun Apr 1 00:59:27 PST 2001

Can anyone help this guy out?
(Post from MPLUG)
----------------

MS SQL - > MySQL Question

I am trying to convert a MS SQL 7 database into a mySQL database. The first
thing I need to do, I think, is get the table structure .sql script from MS
SQL, which I have include a portion of below:

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[FAQTopics]

[FAQID] [int] IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL ,
[FAQDescription] [char] (100) NOT NULL
) ON [PRIMARY]
GO

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Files]

[FileID] [int] IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL ,
[ManuID] [int] NULL ,
[ModelID] [int] NULL ,
[FileStatusID] [int] NULL ,
[FileURL] [text] NULL ,
[FileTitle] [text] NULL ,
[FileDescription] [text] NULL ,
[Date] [datetime] NULL
) ON [PRIMARY] TEXTIMAGE_ON [PRIMARY]
GO

When I use phpMyAdmin to execute this part of the script, or the entire
script, I get the error: MySQL said: You have an error in your SQL syntax
near '[dbo].[FAQTopics] ( [FAQID] [int] IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL ,
[FAQDescription' at line 1

So, I assume its a format error. What is/are the problem(s) and how can I
fix them? Is there a way to have MS SQL output the correct sql script?